Monday, August 08, 2005

CQOD: 08/12/05 -- Owen: truth and holiness

Christian Quotation of the Day

August 12, 2005
Meditation:
    Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.
    -- 2 Cor. 7:1 (NIV)

Quotation:
    Sometimes truth is lost first in a church, and then holiness, and sometimes the decay or hatred of holiness is the cause of the loss of truth. But if either is rejected, the other will not abide.
    ... John Owen (1616-1683)

Quiet time reflection:
    Show me what I must do to live out truth and holiness before my church.


See Believer's Desktop Companion 2004
    http://www.cqod.com/cqoddtcb.html

CQOD Compilation Copyright 2005, Robert McAnally Adams, Curator
CQOD Home Page:    http://www.cqod.com/
Subscription info: http://www.cqod.com/cqodlist.htm
Comments and problems: email to curator@gospelcom.net

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is from my blog. Thought you'd like to see it.

CQOD returns with a tough one

Link: The Christian Quotation of the Day.

After several month's absence, Robert Macanally Adams has restarted Christian Quoatation of the Day.

I've been posting notable CQODs to this site, but it seems Adams has opened his own blog (link above). I'll continue to post my reactions whenever something strikes like a slap to the soul.

I highly recommend subscribing and showing your appreciation to Mr. Adams in any way you can.

That said, this scripture hit me right where I'm struggling now. I allowed the world a toehold, and now I can see threatens my spiritual well-being. The habits connected to it are almost impossible to break -- a great effort of will and prayer will be needed. Take this as a warning -- and perhaps a map for the road back.

August 12, 2005 at 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home