Tuesday, October 01, 2019

Therese of Lisieux: to know no fear

Tuesday, October 1, 2019
    Commemoration of Remigius, Bishop of Rheims, Apostle of the Franks, 533
    Commemoration of Thérèse of Lisieux, Carmelite Nun, Spiritual Writer, 1897
Meditation:
    John answered them all, “I baptize you with water. But one more powerful than I will come, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.”
    —Luke 3:16 (NIV)
Quotation:
To live of love, it is to know no fear;
    No memory of past faults can I recall;
No imprint of my sins remaineth here;
    The fire of Love divine effaces all.
O sacred flames! O furnace of delight!
    I sing my safe sweet happiness to prove.
In these mild fires I dwell by day, by night.
        I live of love!
    ... Thérèse of Lisieux (1873-1897), Poems of St. Teresa, Carmelite of Lisieux, Boston, Angel Guardian Press, 1907, “To Live of Love”, n. 6 (see the book)
    See also Luke 3:16; Ps. 103:12; Dan. 3:22-25; 1 John 4:18
Quiet time reflection:
    Send the fire of Your love into my heart, Lord!
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah    Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home